Subject: Re: one more file ignored by CVS
To: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/1995 16:37:49

>> This can be fixed in either of two ways, change my CVS strategy or
>> change filename.  I'm not sure what's best.  I like the strategy of
>> CVS as it is, but I also dislike renaming random files every here
>> and there.  What do people think?

Chris> I assume you're importing out of a supped tree, or an otherwise
Chris> "clean" tree.  if that's the case, why not just set the
Chris> "ignored" suffix list to nothing with -I"! "?

I'm not importing it, but rather sup into a checked out tree, then
adding/removing/updating just the files that need to be.  This is much
faster than importing when supping often.  "cvs update" doesn't seem
to honour the -I flag, so there.  However, I agree it's not hard to
change the source for cvs.  I'm just thinking that it might be a bad
idea to use .a and .so for other files than libraries and shared
objects.  I have no problem handling this locally anyway, I just
imagine I'm not the only one that will step on this...

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden