Subject: Re: send pr
To: None <gwr@mc.com, newsham@aloha.net>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/29/1995 20:43:05
>>> Things like that should be mailed to netbsd-bugs@netbsd.org using
>>> send-pr if possible...
>> I'm still waiting for someone to write a simple how-to on send-pr.
>> [...]  Also instructions on how to get the report into a file so
>> that it can be uploaded from a non-networked host would be nice.
> I have to confess, I just edit a template file in emacs and mail it.
> I'd rather use an editor than be asked questions by some program.
> (Typical of one who lives inside emacs 8-)

send-pr normally just drops you into $EDITOR on the template; the only
question it ever asks me is after I exit the editor, when it wants to
know whether I want to send, re-edit, or abort....

It also doesn't have to be run on the NetBSD machine.  (This seems
obvious, since it's just a shell script, but I've seen three or four
people saying things like "I'd use send-pr, but the NetBSD machine is
not on the net".)  Indeed, I run send-pr on my home machine (the one I
handle all my mail on), which is not - yet - running NetBSD.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu