Subject: Re: Unstick Stuck Xconsole
To: Robert Dobbs <banshee@gabriella.resort.com>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/1995 13:28:44
> I'm having a problem where my 3.1 Mach32 server locks up under a recent
> netbsd kernel.  The process (X) continues to run but all i/o to the
> console is frozen.  Killing the various processes does not unlock the
> console.  Is there anything short of rebooting I can do to clear this?
You could try using a newer compilation of the X-server I had this
problem some time ago with the official binaries for SVGA. I've
recompiled all of XFree-3.1 and put it in ~ftp/pub/NetBSD/ports/i386
on my server, I haven't tried any of the other servers though
so it's up to you.
Cheerio

--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"