Subject: Re: users using plaintext passwords, BEWARE...
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Luke Mewburn <lm@melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/1995 10:41:14
> > (This is exactly how I built the secr10.aa file for netbsd 1.0. I just
> > built ed, init, and libcrypt from the FreeSec sources, tarred it up in
> > the correct places, and put it on netbsd.rmit.edu.au. This way, australian
> > netbsd-i386 users can get out-of-the-box crypt. Of course, if I had access
> > to other netbsd arch's I would have done it for those as well :)

>  So is it save to re-distribute these archives and even (re-)export them *to*
> the USA ?

No, it's not safe.

The Australian export restrictions are just as stupid (as I'm led
to believe.) I intend to follow this up with the Federal Attorney
General department though...

Mind you, exporting Aus -> USA probably wouldn't be a problem
politically, since as a country, we seem to be the 52nd state
(behind Canada ;)

--
Luke Mewburn, <lm@cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
`Think of it as Evolution in Action.' - "Oath of Fealty", Niven & Pournelle