Subject: XFree86
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Evans <john@hillnet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/17/1995 20:58:42
I just got a Diamond Stealth card, so I finally got around to installing
X... after finally making sure all the dot clock values, monitor sync
rates, etc, etc, etc, etc. were right, we eliminated all of the error
messages, but now when I do a startx, (or xinit, or X :0, or anything)
it says goes through your standard stuff as it tries to load then
gives me an "X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)"

I'm using NetBSD 1.0 w/ XFree86 3.1... I have 16 megs of RAM and it's on
a 486/66....

Anyone have either any specific ideas or know where I can turn for general
help?

-
John