Subject: Re: `use sup' not tar balls ....
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/1995 16:30:25
> That's not what I wrote, either.
> I wrote, `Should the CVS update happen to be aborted for any reason,

It's also worth noting that the CVS update reports do not list which
files are *deleted*, which can get you into severe trouble when things
move around.  I used to update via ftp by editing CVS reports by hand,
and generally wound up having to bulk-FTP the whole tree every month
or two after various forms of errors accumulated.

It would, indeed, be nice to have some alternate method of keeping up-
to-date, but I'm the load on sun-lamp would be intolerable.  Perhaps
someone else could mirror the CVS tree, and prepare weekly diffs?
(Or maybe we just need a floppy chain-letter arrangement...  :-)