Subject: Re: wu-ftpd?
To: None <windsor@ksu.ksu.edu>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/1995 15:47:38
   > Does anyone have the WU ftpd running under -current?  I have it compiled, but
   > it is prone to coredumping, and I haven't had time to look into why.  If no
   > one else has gotten this working, then when I have it set I'll be happy to
   > make it available.

   I haven't managed to get it to work properly, and I have talked to at
   least two others on irc (one i386, and one Amiga) that have not
   successfully compiled it, and this is with NetBSD v1.0.

   The problem was that it would coredump immediately after the first
   file transfer.

This is entirely due to misuse and/or lack of use of `off_t'.  The
particular core dump you're referring to was from a printf().