Subject: Questions about 1.0 and current
To: None <netbsd-comments@NetBSD.ORG, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeff Kreska <jkreska@hpmail2.fwrdc.rtsg.mot.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/1995 07:28:43
I would like to say first off that I got 1.0 installed after nuking my FreeBSD
instalation.  I think I got a little spoiled after installing FreeBSD.  I am
having some problems using cu on the serial ports.

	If I" cu -l /dev/tty01 -s 57600" I get connected to the port, but as
soon as I type a character I get an error about failed write??? and then cu
exits.  Is this normal, is there something I need to do inorder to use cu on
the serial ports?

	I also have a question about sup.  At my site in order to keep
unwanted people off of our internal network they have instaled a host that
acts as a gateway to the internet.  If I want to ftp something to my machine I
would do the following "ftp maniac" it asks for usename "anonymous@ftp.uu.net"
and then it would connect and ask for my passwd.

	Is it possible/feasible to run sup in this type of enviroment?

--
---
Thanks

|Jeff Kreska                                                    |
|Motorola, Inc.                Phone:              817-232-6019 |
|5555 North Beach Street       Fax:                817-232-6580 |
|Fort Worth, Texas  76137-2794                                  |