Subject: Re: Package discussion.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/1995 14:43:32
> I'm not going to put words into the mouths of the core and obviously,
> I don't represent NetBSD, but I suspect that the core isn't terribly
> interested in this meta discussion.

Actually, i'm sort-of interested in the meta-discussion -- because i'd
like to see people making packages and distributing them -- but i'm
not quite sure why they're so big on _discussing_ it and not doing
it...  Packaging tools exist for NetBSD, thanks to John Kohl.  Maybe
they aren't perfect, but apparently they work.  Given that, all that
remains to do is:
	(1) get the package-makers to coordinate
	(2) and get them to actually build and ship the packages
		(FOR MORE THAN ONE ARCHITECTURE  8-).

chris