Subject: ncr SCSI problem
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Sullivan <ksulliva@oberon.pps.pgh.pa.us>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/1995 13:54:35
I just put -current on my new Dec P90 (PCI with the NCR SCSI chip and
32Mb).  It has only been running for a few days, but I have had two
system freezes so far.

On console, I see:
sd1(ncr0:1:0): COMMAND FAILED (1 ff) @something
sd1(ncr0:1:0): extraneous data discarded
sd1(ncr0:1:0): COMMAND FAILED (9 0) @something
ncr0: timeout ccb=something (skip)
ncr0: timeout ccb=something (skip)
ncr0: timeout ccb=something (skip)
ncr0: timeout ccb=something (skip)
ncr0: timeout ccb=something (skip)

Each of the "something"s were different hex numbers.

On the SCSI bus I have two hard drives (IDs 0 and 1, 1 is a 1.7G
Micropolis) and a CD-ROM.  When I see these messages the machine freezes
completely.  This last time it happened while rcp-ing /usr/local over to
sd1, so there was lots of SCSI activity.

Has anyone seen this before or know what it could be?

     -Kevin