Subject: Kernel include files
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/1995 11:54:27
Two questions:

1. Are the kernel sources at all dependent on any files in /usr/include?

2. I notice that many directories in /usr/include consist of the *.h files
   found in corresponding directories of /sys.  What is the recommended way
   of keeping your /usr/include in sync with the latest sources?

Right now, I have:

ln -s /local/src/sys /sys
cd /local/src
ln -s sys.941230 sys
# I keep all SUPs dated.  If something fails, I have older stuff to fall
# back on.

cd /usr/include
ln -s /sys/sys sys
ln -s /sys/netinet netinet
etc.

Is there a better way?

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key