Subject: vi wierdness
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/30/1994 07:37:09
I've had several incidents where I've marked two lines with
ma
mb
and then tried to move them with
'a,'bm.
and it's inserted a few lines of NUL characters.  If I "u"ndo it, then perform
the same action again, it works fine.  It started with i386-1.0a I believe.
Anyone else experience this?

There is always a similar (same?) number of NULs (maybe 256? just a guess) and
they are always NUL.  I never checked the width of the lines, or the exact
count of the NUL chars.  Of course, it could be just about any pointer-related
problem as well :)
Note that the "moved" text is completely replaced by the NULs, not simply
appended-to.
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Just the vax-man.  Read my MIPS, no new VAXes!        - PGP key on request