Subject: Re: Formal getty replacement yet?
To: Alan Barrett <barrett@daisy.ee.und.ac.za>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/1994 10:40:39
[ On Wed, December 21, 1994 at 09:57:00 (+0200), Alan Barrett wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Formal getty replacement yet?
>
> If NetBSD did something like that, the folk who want userland locks
> could use the "direct" device, and the folk who don't could use the
> dial-in/dial-out devices.

OK, so long as I don't have to worry about the state machinery in the
driver getting stuck in the wrong state anyway.

I want to run these systems for months, even years, at a time (so that I
can replace other aging systems that currently live in such
environments).  I can't afford to have some extra complexity getting in
the way....

--
						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP		robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; UniForum Canada <woods@uniforum.ca>