Subject: Re: [Q] speed setting for dialin lines ?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.planix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1994 16:34:00
tl@titan.cmr.no (Tom Lislegaard) wrote:
: I want to set up a dialin line with a DTE speed of 115200, but I have a
: problem with forcing the modem to the correct speed. The modem in
: question  can't be set expicitly for a given rate, it will have to
: autodetect the speed through an AT command.

It must be my day for serial port questions.  :-)  Even though you
can't set the modem to a specific rate you may be able to set
it in NVRAM so that it is the default on reset.  Trigger it by
sending an AT or two and then write the current settings to NVRAM
with AT&V or whatever your modem's command to do that is.

Now you just have to make sure the modem gets reset when you hang
up.  As I mentioned in another message you want AT&D3 not AT&D2
which is a common factory default.  This causes the modem to hang
up and reset when DTR is dropped.  Hopefully this will set the
speed to the default that you saved above.

Note that all modems are not the same so double check these
suggestions against your own modem manual for differences.

Hope this helps.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy@druid.com)  |
Planix, Inc.                        |   Democracy is three wolves and a