Subject: Re: [NetBSD,*BSD] free slipmaint script
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.planix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1994 16:14:00
This discussion is making some assumptions about particular modem command
sets but ...

kstailey@leidecker.gsfc.nasa.gov (Kenneth Stailey) said:
: >However, I can't get it to hang up the darned phone.  It says (in
: >debug mode) that it's hanging up the phone but it doesn't work.  Try
: >sending a HUP signal to the child (watching line..) to see what I
: >mean.  I'm stumped.  Also, if you can tell me how to get a HUP signal
: >to the child if the modem hangs up, that'd be great.

: Do you have "AT&D2" set on the modem so that it drops DTR on carrier loss.
: There are other switches that make the modem hang up if the computer drops
: DTR too.

You probably want AT&D3 as on modems that I am familiar with this will
reset the modem in addition to hanging up.  You want to set up your
NVRAM settings to a useful startup state - especially if you use the modem
for both dial-in and dial-out - and reset to that known state when
you finish a call.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy@druid.com)  |
Planix, Inc.                        |   Democracy is three wolves and a