Subject: Re: login prompt not coming up in network
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1994 13:39:08
>I've seen some very bizarre behaviour from telnetd on NetBSD,
>particularly with the NCSA Telnet program.   I'm pretty sure most of
>the lossage is in NCSA telnet, but there's definitely somethig about
>4.4bsd telnet (this happens with BSDI too, for example) that makes it
>behave really badly.

Ultrix 4.2 telnet and PHUX (er, HPUX) has some problems as well.  Some
machines even reboot when I telnet to them.  :)

I wonder if the problems all lie in the same area.  The reboot thing
is that the device I'm talking to doesn't understand the IP timestamp
option which NetBSD sends out.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>       NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Rayshade the world!