Subject: Re: AST Problems
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.Ping.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1994 09:02:49
->I could continue it and make progress.   I'm now running
->NetBSD-current with Charles' new SCSI driver code, and that works
->reliably so far - no drops out to DDB.   Unfortunately, in order to
->have a properly functioning system, I'm now going to have to rebuild
->the world.   Sigh.

So, I guess i'm really pretty fucked up now.
I just switched includes to -current in order to test-build a kernel.
Worked fine up to eisa_machdep.c.  What the Hell is going on?
There is a configuration file for SUN_LAMP, apparently an EISA-Box,
but this seems to be completely untested.
Noone running -current on EISA?

It really hurts me, for I have now multiple Problems:

I have accidently compiled my backup-software with new includes and old
libs and kernel.  Now I cannot restore data.  My fault.

I cannot boot from floppy, because the floppy isn't bootable
(motherboard/hardware)

I cannot upgrade to -current because noone seems to be able to supply at least
a minimal eisa_machdep.h.

So, in short, how long am I to wait until the one-time definite "buy this if
you want more than 16 MB RAM" is supported again?

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

Jan-Hinrich Fessel	oskar@zappa.ruhr.de		oskar@unna.ping.de
"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD UNIX.
 We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
	- Andrew Bulhak (acb@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au)