Subject: Re: Printer trouble?
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1994 07:16:03
In Message <199412200220.VAA00284@jfwhome.funhouse.com> ,
   "John F. Woods" <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com> wrote:

=>I don't know whether this is the driver or the printer, but I have my
=>suspicions.
=>
=>I just got a DECcolorwriter 520ic.  It appears to print OK under DOS,
=>but under NetBSD 1.0 (i386) it seems to print gibberish.  I haven't
=>installed any kind of DOS driver, so I assume DOS is spewing straight
=>ASCII to the printer (successfully), but I could (of course) be wrong.
=>I'm using /dev/lpt0, which is configured to interrupt on IRQ 7.
=>
   I had similar problems on a DECwriter 100i on my DECpc MTE. Try using
/dev/lpa0 (polled driver) instead of /dev/lpt0.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts