Subject: Re: /dev/cuaXX (Was: Formal getty replacement yet?)
To: None <mrg@mame.mu.oz.au>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1994 11:36:46
>>>>> "Matthew" == matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.oz.au> writes:

Someone> architecture-independent.  (this is current-users, not
Someone> port-i386 - soapbox omitted :-)

Matthew> ah, but until recently *only* the i386 port actually used the
Matthew> information in /etc/ttys .. now the sparc and sun3 ports have
Matthew> it available, but, to my knowledge, none of the others do.

What do you mean?  On my amiga it's been used for a while, I'm quite
sure.

BTW, are there any info on how widespread NetBSD is used on the
different platforms?  I guess i386 has the largest community, even
though the NetBSD-Amiga community surely consists of about 100+ users.
What about the sun3, sparc, hp, mac etc?

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG, Sweden