Subject: Printer trouble?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/1994 21:20:23
I don't know whether this is the driver or the printer, but I have my
suspicions.

I just got a DECcolorwriter 520ic.  It appears to print OK under DOS,
but under NetBSD 1.0 (i386) it seems to print gibberish.  I haven't
installed any kind of DOS driver, so I assume DOS is spewing straight
ASCII to the printer (successfully), but I could (of course) be wrong.
I'm using /dev/lpt0, which is configured to interrupt on IRQ 7.

So, has anyone had any trouble with parallel printers on the 386
NetBSD port, and/or any experience with a DECcolorwriter 520ic?
Thanks.