Subject: AST Problems
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. McDermond <mcdermj@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/1994 11:56:40
I am trying to install NetBSD-1.0 on an AST 386SX-16 (Don't laugh too hard).
I get the install floppies copied over fine.  I am then trying to load the
base10d distribution on the the machine over NFS (from either an RS/6000
AIX 3.2.5, or another NetBSD 1.0-BETA machine).  The problem I am having is that
every time it tries to extract base10, it gets a few files into the install and
panics the kernel repeatedly.  Is there something I am missing, or is this some
obscure AST bug... Here is the configuration of the machine

NetBSD 1.0 GENERIC-AHA Kernel
AST 386SX-16
8 Mb Memory
240 Mb Connor IDE drive
Novell NE2000 Clone Ethernet Card

Thanks in advance for your assistance...

Jeremy C. McDermond				mcdermj@CSOS.ORST.EDU
RS/6000 Technical Analyst
Willamette Industries, Inc.			#include <Standard Disclaimer>