Subject: Re: Formal getty replacement yet?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.planix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/1994 20:34:00
>From message <199412182218.OAA23543@netcom16.netcom.com>:
: > Has anybody come up with a formal replacement for that pathetic
: > excuse for a getty that is in NetBSD? It doesn't even respect
: > UUCP's lock files!!! I know there are many replacements out there

Well it is getty after all, not uugetty.  It isn't supposed to do
UUCP locking.

: > but has any thought been given to selecting one and making it
: > NetBSD "standard"?

I use mgetty.  I haven't had any problem with that.

: I thought we wanted separate /dev/ttyXX and /dev/cuaXX devices
: instead.

That certainly gets my vote.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy@druid.com)  |
Planix, Inc.                        |   Democracy is three wolves and a