Subject: Re: Formal getty replacement yet?
To: Rob Healey <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
From: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/1994 14:18:16
> Has anybody come up with a formal replacement for that pathetic
> excuse for a getty that is in NetBSD? It doesn't even respect
> UUCP's lock files!!! I know there are many replacements out there
> but has any thought been given to selecting one and making it
> NetBSD "standard"?

I didn't think changing NetBSD's getty into some sort of "uugetty" was
even under consideration.

I remember what great fun it was debugging bidirectional modem ports
under Xenix/286.  Uugetty sometimes decided that modem responses was
someone trying to log in, and would continue to chat until I
recognized the problem.

I thought we wanted separate /dev/ttyXX and /dev/cuaXX devices
instead.

	--jtc