Subject: Request - Reformat Dos Partition Program
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John C. Hayward <johnh@david.wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1994 16:38:57
Dear NetBSDers,
   There are a number of machines which we are interested in putting
NetBSD on but they have been and will be used with DOS.  In the past
I just connected the machines onto a novell network, xcopied the files
to the network, repartitioned the disk (to make a partition for NetBSD),
reformated the dos partition and re-attached to the network and reloaded
the files from the network to the harddrive.
   This approach was ok when I had just a few machines to do and were
relativly easy to connect to the network.
   I now have a situation where there are some people would like to put
up a NetBSD partition.  It seems it would be quick to put up a partition
by running a dos program which would shrink the check to ask how many
cylinders or MB the dos partion should become, check to see if it would
be possible, move necessary files, update any bitmaps and finally update
the partition table.
    Anyone know of such a program?

Thanks for any pointers.
johnh...