Subject: Re: weak references, libc, linker
To: Frank van der Linden <vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1994 20:18:34
> Well, to avoid earlier reported problems with libc, I installed the freshly
> compile libc as version 13.0, and went on to compile some things. A couple
> of compile went by without problems, but with rcs this happened:

Oops. A couple of things were wrong with the libc code. On top of that,
the linker complained about symbols defined in .o files that happened to
be aliases in libc. These are now fixed.

Also, in order to avoid bumping the major version number due to some
internal hickups within libc and ld, I have defined the old "double
underscored" versions of `sys_errlist', `sys_nerr' and `sys_siglist'
to be aliases, so the run-time linker can resolve these in existing
programs.