Subject: Bug in at/atq/atrm/batch (NetBSD 1.0)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@muikku.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1994 19:06:22
Hi,

I am running NetBSD 1.0 on Amiga 3000 (m68k port).  I noticed that atq(1)
and atrm(1) let any user examine and remove any jobs in the at queue.

I examined the source code (at.c) and noticed that the REDUCE_PRIV macro
sets the real_uid variable to zero which makes atq and atrm think they
were run as root, which gives root privileges to all users, when it comes
to manipulating the at queue.

I temporarily fixed the problem by replacing the calls to REDUCE_PRIV with
calls to PRIV_START and PRIV_END (around the delete_jobs() and list_jobs()
function calls).

I think the problem has been there for a long time, I saw it with either
NetBSD 0.9 or some 1.0beta release.  I just thought I was doing something
wrong, but it appears to be a real bug. ;-)

Please e-mail any comments to me, I'm not on this maling list (yet?).

  Jukka Marin

--

| Mail:  Jukka Marin         |     E-Mail:           jmarin@muikku.jmp.fi |
|        Metsurintie 17 B 8  |     FAX/voice:        +358 71 283 2793     |