Subject: Re: Should loose source routing be enabled if not IPFORWARDING?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <j.grinter@ic.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/1994 09:24:21
Brad Parker said to me:
>If you are interested, I'll send you the diffs.  There is currently no
>notification of dropped packets.

I have made necessary changes (two patches) to my copy of kernel source
to use DEC's screend (as further modified for BSD/OS). If anyone
is further interested, I'll pass the (easy) mods on.

We could include this #ifdef'd code in the kernel source, but I
am not sure about whether we can include the screend code itself
(maybe in othersrc/?). It too needed a change, to cope with
the slightly modified icmp_error function for 4.4.

It has pretty flexible filtering rules, and can log dropped packets
or even passed packets.

James.