Subject: dlopen information
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Hobley <David.Hobley@nms.otc.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/14/1994 04:02:34
[Sorry if I sent out two of these - stupid keypress on my part]

Could someone point me in the direction of finding out how dlopen() etc work -

I have built Python for NetBSD configured for dynamic loading, but when
I try to dlopen a shared object I keep getting errors from ld.so
reporting undefined symbols, after which the process exits.

I don't seem to have any manual pages for dlopen. I looked at the include
files, I could find no idea about what the second parameter to dlopen
should be. Can I assume that it is the same as the Sun dlopen function ?
In that case - can I get information about dlctl() to replace calls to
dlerror() from somewhere ?

I had a look in the srcs and found dlopen stubs in crt0.c (?), but I couldn't
work out what they were actually meant to do. They seemed to point into
the kernel ?

Cheers,
david