Subject: Problems with COMPAT_09 and COMPAT_43
To: None <amiga-dev@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1994 11:04:29
I recently upgraded my Amiga to NetBSD 1.0 binaries and a kernel SUPed on
Dec. 4.  It built OK, but had a few oddities; among other things,
the default terminal type is "su", instead of "vt200".

I posted my config file to amiga-dev and a couple of people noted that I
had disabled COMPAT_09 and COMPAT_43.  So I put these back in and rebuilt.
The resulting kernel works "properly".

However, this brings up the obvious question: why do 1.0 binaries running
under a 4.4-based OS require 4.3 and NetBSD 0.9 compatibility?

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key