Subject: Best time to SUP without the sup server disconnecting you?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Tamola <buckwild@u.washington.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/1994 16:02:41
Dear sirs,

Please excuse me if this is somewhat of a dumb question, but I was just
wondering what the best time in the night would be to sup the current
sources without sup.netbsd.org going down.  I am using sup over a "term"
connection, and thus the link is not at all that fast, and it seems that
when the hours get to become about 7:00 am, sup.netbsd.org always goes
down, as does ftp.netbsd.org.  Is this common?  This is my first sup for
the current sources, which means I need to get the WHOLE distribution
first, right?  Sup, since it stops due to an unhooked connection, doesn't
get to right the upgrade files or whatever, so that it knows when it last
upgraded a set.  Thus, it thinks it has to upgrade EVERYTHING everytime.

So, should I start earlier or what?

Thanks for any help,

Mark Steven de Sagun Tamola
buckwild@u.washington.edu