Subject: Cryix v. Intel
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Spiegelberg <gspiegel@owens.ridgecrest.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/1994 18:52:37
I posted a while ago about problems occurring with NetBSD and my
system.  I'm happy to say that it seems to have been my CPU.  It
use to be a 33MHz Cyrix but I just recently installed a 66MHz Intel
in it's place & reinstalled.

Everything works beautifully.  Gcc compiles without a hitch.  My
file systems haven't been losing files.  And, of course, it's running
faster (hence 33 v. 66 & bigger is better).

If there's any other tests that I can perform to ensure that the CPU
was the problem, please let me know.  It's always good to double
check on things.

--
----
Greg "TwoTone" Spiegelberg		      SAIC UNIX Systems Admin Dude