Subject: Re: (fwd) NetBSD URL?
To: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@ataxia.res.wpi.edu>
From: Mark F Willey <willey@ecn.purdue.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/1994 17:34:54
"In a previous message, Michael K. Sanders wrote:"

> Is anyone working on a NetBSD HTML page? I'm thinking of doing one,
> but if there's already one out there I'd like to know so I don't waste
> my time. :)

I'm working on one.  So far, I've broken it up into the following major
sections:
introduction - guess ;-)
BSD - talking about Net/2 and 4.4-lite aspects (ie, it is real BSD)
ports - arch. that we are ported to, w/ pointers to port info and
     web pages
news - resources on the net (news, FAQ, WWW, ftp, etc)
pointers - references to similar topics
current - info about NetBSD-current (w/ vague + nebulous icon)  ;-)

Also, come January, my machine will be directly connected via ethernet so I
will have the resources to put the entire uncompressed source tree on the
net as well - a la "minnie".

I was also thinking of a way to have examples of sites/configurations that
demonstrate the stability and value of NetBSD.

If you or anyone else would like to help, I'd live to have partners in
this...  ;-)  And criticism in a while, especially about my funky blue,
yellow, and red icons.  :)

Currently, I'm doing the work on my local machine, but now that there's
others interested, I'll put it on an internet server.  I'll tar it up and
put it on http://purcell.ecn.purdue.edu/~willey by Saturday evening.

For those of you that can't wait, there's a pretty crude 'free unix' info
page on the abovementioned server.  It's probably horribly outdated, but
then, I just made it for my own use mostly.  The working URLs from that one
are also referenced in one way or another on my NetBSD-specific page.

Mark