Subject: Re: Mach32 server hangs on NetBSD-1.0beta
To: Brian de Alwis <bsdealwi@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/1994 08:42:18
Brian de Alwis <bsdealwi@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>  wrote:
 > [ I originally sent this off to xfree86@xfree86.org, but have received
 >   no response. So I'm sending this to comp.windows.x.i386unix and to
 >   the NetBSD current-users lists.

This bothers me.  We get a lot of letters in here that start off just
like the above. Somebody needs to work on their customer service... Now
if I could only distinguish the pot from the kettle...

 > I'm having some problems with the XFree86 3.1 Mach32 server under
 > NetBSD-1.0beta (not the newly released 1.0). The OS is maybe a few days
 > more recent than the distributed XFree86 release.

I can't help you specifically other than to give you a 'It works for me'
type response... I'm running:

NetBSD 1.0_BETA (SIDNEY) #16: Tue Oct 25 15:54:02 MDT 1994

and the Mach32 server with a generic Mach32 board and am experiencing NO
problems.

Sorry.