Subject: Re: NFS problems with sunos machines to netbsd sparc
To: None <gwr@jericho.mc.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/1994 13:06:19
>> (I assumme this is about getting a NetBSD machine to boot diskless
>> off a SunOS machine.)

Which it turned out it wasn't, but anyway...

>>> Is there a kernel compile time option to set priviledged port nfs
>>> usage by default in Netbsd?
>> There wasn't.  I added one but [...].
> I thought I already put that change in! (quite a while ago)  The NFS
> diskless boot code is using privileged ports.

> Is it the initial boot-time mount that fails? (would panic)
> Maybe one of your later mounts fails? (need -c option?)

The former, my problem at least.  And it was not a privileged-port
problem (and thus your change is irrelevant to it) but rather one that
required "mount_nfs -c" semantics (or else a fix to the binary-only
vendor NFS code on the server in question).  (I found at least one
alternative fix, but the patch (as you presumably know by now) is so
tiny I preferred to leave it in.)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu