Subject: Minimal kernel/X-server type disks?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tobias Weingartner <weingart@austin.BrandonU.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 11/21/1994 10:00:03
Howdy all.

Does anyone have code that will turn the following into a decent X11R6 terminal?

i486-DX2/66 - 16MB
ATI MACH32  -  2MB
Ethernet    - ????
2 Button Mouse...

I was thinking along the lines of a NetBSD kernel, with all the needed stuff
for X.  However, no swap and paging, as I have no disk available.  Also, if
all of this can fit on a 1.44MB floppy, that would be a bonus.  Note, I can
use a font server for the fonts, etc...

Anybody have any ideas?

I'd try to hack this on my own, 'cept I don't have a working NetBSD machine.
The only machine I have access to, has the SCSI-BIOS disabled on the AHA-1542.
If there is a way to install NetBSD on sd0, and then boot a kernel off the
floppy, and use sd0 as /, /usr, etc, then I could get this thing working...

--Toby.
| Tobias Weingartner | Email: weingart@BrandonU.Ca | Need a Unix sys-admin?  |
| Box 27, Beulah, MB |-----------------------------| Send E-Mail for resume, |
| R0M 0B0, Canada    | Unix Guru, Admin, Sys-Prgmr | and other details...    |
|      %SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown         |