Subject: Re: -current gcc errors
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Greg Spiegelberg <gspiegel@owens.ridgecrest.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1994 21:42:23
#    486/33DLC (Cryix)
#
# This is your problem.

I figured so.

# 1) Is this a motherboard specifically designed for the Cyrix chip, or
# is it a random 386 motherboard with the CPU replaced?

Actually, as soon as I can afford it I'll be replacing it with a
dx2-66 Intel chip.  A friend of mine has the exact board except it
has a Intel 33dx, so...

# 2) Try disabling the cache and see if it helps.

Thought of that already.  Didn't work.

# 3) In /sys/i386/i386/locore.s, find the `#ifndef CYRIX_CACHE_WORKS',
# and rip out the *entire* #ifndef block, both the if and the else sides.
# See if that helps (with the cache turned on).

Now, is this a temporary fix or a way of disabling/enabling a not-so-
completed kludge?

--
----
Greg "TwoTone" Spiegelberg		      SAIC UNIX Systems Admin Dude