Subject: STATUS OF BINARY COMPATIBILITY (WHAT IS IT?) (I386 NETBSD/SPARC/ULTRIX)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1994 14:40:00
	Hello, I looked in the 1.0 distribution and couldn't find a list of
those systems whose binaries NetBSD would run.  I know, for example, that
netbsd/sparc will run SunOS4.x binaries, along with the shared libraries,
and that the pmax port is supposed to run Ultrix 4.x binaries, but what is
the status of binary compatibility with other architectures?  For example,
my netbsd/i386 0.9a dated February 1, 1994 will run BSDI 1.0 binaries, but
not BSDI 1.1 binaries.
	Does netBSD-1.0 support the BSDI 1.1 binary?  Does it yet support
SCO straight out of the box?  How much, if any, of any or all of these
compatibilities are supported?

-thanks
-Brian