Subject: Re: Problem with an DAT
To: Bernd Ernesti <erbe0011@fh-karlsruhe.de>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.Ping.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/1994 19:23:00
In message <m0r6Xkt-0000IFC@rz03.FH-Karlsruhe.DE>you write:
->And I can use tar, but when I try 'mt status':
->
->unknown tape drive type (7)

This is due to the unfinished st interface in the kernel
which reports all drives as type 7.  Either we have to change the
st-interface or we have to build a new mt. (probably based on
SCAM).
But I dont really know how to do "mt status" via SCAM routines
without rearranging the st kernel interface.

I added some changes for st.c support of my EXB8200 and mailed them to
the maintainer.  These changes allowed the kernel to report
the correct mt_type in case an EXB8200 is hooked on.

->I think I must change some of the source, but which parts ? Do I need
->to change only the kernel source or also the mt source ?

Both.  You have to define the correct *BITS in mt.c

->P.S: This is on an Amiga using an WarpEngine.

I know some Amigas, but WarpEngine is definitely newer than my knowledge;-)

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de