Subject: Re: Changes to the mcd.c driver for audio disks.
To: Bakul Shah <bakul@netcom.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@s069.infonet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/1994 18:49:03

> > As an aside, part of the change that I made is a set of changes to the
> > mcdreg.h file in preparation for getting DMA support built into the
> > mcd.c driver and other cool stuff.  The audio was more pressing, mainly
> > because it annoyed me that I couldn't listen to a music CD after I was
> > through slurping source code off of a CD-ROM.  The changes below make
> > this a real possibility.  The cdplayer program I wrote (and several of
> > you have) interfaces to these patches perfectly, allowing for cool
> > things like on screen track and time information in near real time.
>
> Thanks for the mcd changes.  Can I have your cdplayer program?
> Also, what audio driver are you using?

Charles sent me some changes that I will be incorporating and testing.
They seem to have the same design goals as my changes.

BTW:  There is a line in the patch that is messed up.  It is something
like:

... &= ~(MCDSOMETHING & MCDOTHER & MCDTHIS & MCDTHAT);

All of the ' & ' should be ' | '.  Sorry about the confusion.  It does
explain why I couldn't get the TOCHDR to re-read ;-).

Let me know if any of you have any problems with the changes.  Like I
said, Charles will be sending out a new mcd.c in the future, so these
changes are not permanent, to say the least.