Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.0: uucp, cu
To: Phillip F. Knaack <flipk@iastate.edu>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@euterpe.owl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/1994 14:17:50
> >I can dial into this system ok as a user,  and using kermit I can
> >dial out ok... But cu and uucico fail once carrier is asserted.

Dito for me (except uucico in debug mode, which works).

> We are of the opinion that
> cu is just one big bad broken program.

I dare to differ: cu is Ian Taylor's cu, which is used by a lot of
people on many different systems very succesfully. I've used it on
SVR4 before and it worked without any problems.

And: it has worked on NetBSD 0.9 very well.

Looks like a kernel problem to me...

Martin

--
'Why, you could subvert that with trained flocks of eagles carrying CDs!'
		-- Andrew Molitor about a new firewall-product