Subject: Need an install kernel that groks a WangTek
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@panix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/1994 15:36:11
Hi.

I was in the midst of installing NetBSD 1.0 for a friend with a
WangTek cartridge tape drive when I discovered, sadly, that the
distributed boot floppies don't come with the driver for this drive
(although presumably if I had NetBSD installed I could just build a
kernel with the driver installed :-)

Since I put the distribution on a cartidge tape (not being a fan of
playing floppy-jockey), I find myself unable to complete installation,
and far away from a functioning NetBSD 1.0 box. I'm not going to be
anywhere near a machine I can build a kernel on for many days. If
some kind soul could build me a kernel with a WangTek tape drive
driver in it that I could FTP, I'd be a very grateful hacker.

Perry