Subject: Re: Curses programs set terminal to 7 bit
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/1994 07:00:21
I still don't know what is happening to this but I have heard from a few
people on the subject.  First of all it was pointed out to me that vi
in fact *does* use the curses library.  A quick perusal of the source
suggested to me that vi was using its own version of curses but Chris
G. Demetriou assures me that vi is using the same curses functions that
are in the curses library so now I don't know what the critical difference
is between programs that change the line disciplines and those that
don't.

I also reveived mail from others with the same problem but so far no
one has come up with a solution.  I suppose that I could set the terminal
to 7E1 to start with but that may be a problem for some of the users
calling in.  Most users of the system are DOS users and anything other
than 8N1 is uncharted territory.

Any further suggestions?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy@druid.com)  |
Planix, Inc.                        |   Democracy is three wolves and a