Subject: Re: NFS Mounts in /etc/fstab
To: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@nirvana.good.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/1994 19:55:14
[ oops, i think i just sent a blank message! ]

> or on BSDI I can do:
>
> foo:/export/stuff /stuff nfs rw,bg,intr,tcp,spongy 0 0

this might change on BSDI in the future.  It changed in 4.4-Lite.

> Looking at the code I see no way of putting NFS specific options
> for a mount in /etc/fstab since mount_nfs only takes the "standard"
> options via -o, and pukes on many of those, like noquota.
>
> All the NFS options are specific flags.  Blech.

right, but 'mount' knows how to deal with them.

for example, here's a fstab line for diskless NetBSD machine that i
export to:

boat-anchor:/usr/host/root / nfs rw,-r=2048,-w=2048 0 0

and you can do the same thing with any other options mount_nfs supports.

chris