Subject: libg++ question
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bartholomew Niswonger <bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/1994 00:34:34
Hello.. hving successfully gotten gcc-2.6.0 to compile, I am now
working on libg++, however I have run into a snag with libio, the
iostream stuff..

here's what happens when make gets to dummy.C in libio:

Script started on Tue Nov  1 00:27:57 1994

ethyl# gcc -g -O libio/dummy.C
libio/dummy.C:3: warning: duplicate `volatile'
libio/dummy.C:3: constructors cannot be declared `volatile'
libio/dummy.C:3: warning: duplicate `volatile'
libio/dummy.C:3: constructors cannot be declared `volatile'
libio/dummy.C:3: warning: duplicate `volatile'
libio/dummy.C:3: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
ethyl# cat libio/dummy.C
  struct filebuf {
      virtual int foo();
  };
  filebuf ff;
  extern "C" int FUNC(int);
  int FUNC(int i) { return i+10; }
ethyl# exit
exit

Script done on Tue Nov  1 00:28:35 1994

this of course causes the make to exit..

dummy seems to be some kind of test, of what I am not sure..

any info would be useful, I am using
 configure m68k-cbm-netbsd1.0
 make

someone must have upgraded their g++ libs, the old was are very
outdated

thanks

later

bart niswonger

finger me |  One day he found, topped with a smutty grin,   |	from:
for the	  |  The small corpse of a monkey, partly eaten.    |	 Anthony HHecht
rest.  	  |  Force of the sun had split the bluish skin,    |
	  |  Which, by their questioning and entering in,   |	 Alceste in the
	  |  A swarm of bees had been concerned to sweeten. |	  Wilderness

		      My PGP public key opinion.