Subject: Re: Little prob with rm
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@euterpe.owl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/1994 02:40:37
>      I totally disagree with this.  It is a major violation of the
> rule of least astonishment, as it is a major change to UNIX filesystem
> semantics.

BUT - there are major ``applications'' (like tcsh) which expand pat<tab>
to path/ (the only real thing they can do at this stage from the ergonomic
point of view - not knowing if the user will move down deeper in the tree)

I *do* prefer the SVR4 way of ignoring trailing slashes.

Martin

--
'Why, you could subvert that with trained flocks of eagles carrying CDs!'
		-- Andrew Molitor about a new firewall-product