Subject: Re: Question: mount_msdos
To: Open Carefully -- Contents Under Pressure <greywolf@autodesk.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/1994 19:47:20
>Apparently mount_msdos is meant for floppies only?  Why so?  I would
>really like to be able to mount my C: partition as an msdos filesystem
>(would have saved me a LOT of trouble yesterday).

No, I mount my MessDOS drive just fine under NetBSD.  I mount it read only,
however, because writing to the MessDOS partition from NetBSD corrupts the
file system in some seemingly little way that chkdsk or scandisk bitches
about.

I don't call mount_msdos directly -- I use
	mount -t msdos /dev/sd0h /dos
or something close.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>       NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Rayshade the world!