Subject: Nary a bug report from here...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@s069.infonet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/1994 21:27:33
OK.

Maybe one; sort of.

I built a new kernel, and built and installed all new binaries over the
week-end.

One of my terminals locked up.

Once.

In the middle of a screen update.

386DX-40/32Meg of memory.  IDE Hard Drive.  VT102 on /dev/tty01.

The ps -ax was inconclusive.  The program that was running still thought
it was running.  THe process group leader should that it had been idle
for a while and the current process was running.  It just wouldn't talk
to the screen.  I DS'ed the job and the terminal was still inaccesable.
Once I rebooted, everything was fine.  The processes were locked up
trying to exit.

My first thought was "Gremlins".  This was a problem for a while a few
months ago, and it hasn't done it since.  It used to have something to
do with lots of drive activity and a lost interrupt, but I don't have a
clue what caused it this time.

There.  You wanted a problem; you got one.

Now, can I get back to using this terrific system you guys put together?
;-)

-----
TSgt Dave Burgess           | Dave Burgess
NCOIC, USSTRATCOM/J6844     | *BSD FAQ Maintainer
Offutt AFB, NE              | Burgess@cynjut.infonet.net or ...@s069.infonet...