Subject: panic question
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bartholomew Niswonger <bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/1994 19:04:24
hello.. I had been hving  lot (1 n hour) of kernel jump to zero
panics, they seemed to come when ever I was compiling (how nice), so
fter telling you all about them and getting some very useful help (use
-S in loadbsd (this is on an amiga) ) I finlly tracked the errors to
problems in logioctl calls.. well I said hmm.. mybe syslogd is tossing
me for a loop.. so I rebuilt syslogd (only syslogd) from the sme
sources s my kernel (1 1/2 wks ago) and oohh hh.. no pnics in over a
day..

wht confuses me is that the syslogd is date stamped dec 13 1993.. and
my originl one was from erly sept (built then that is) .

does this mke sense.. if yes, then should I rebuild the whole tree
everytime I rebuild the kernel.. ugh.. are there other things which
should be rebuilt?..

oh well.. I havent looked at the source, due to lack of time, but I
guess either this is odd, or syslogd uses something specific in the
kernel which ws changed (?)

just curious

later

bart niswonger

finger me |  One day he found, topped with a smutty grin,   |	from:
for the	  |  The small corpse of a monkey, partly eaten.    |	 Anthony HHecht
rest.  	  |  Force of the sun had split the bluish skin,    |
	  |  Which, by their questioning and entering in,   |	 Alceste in the
	  |  A swarm of bees had been concerned to sweeten. |	  Wilderness

		      My PGP public key opinion.