Subject: Re: PPP crashes
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/1994 04:01:53
Some machine specifics:

It seems to be a Cyrix 486dlc, michaelv (since he calls me explorer) can
correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

Uses an IDE drive (which was *totally* zorched, at least the a partition was...
and I just rebuilt it from completely -current sources) for the only drive.

8 meg of RAM installed, that has not changed recently.  It's been 8M for over
two years now.

One PPP interface is on an internal modem with a 16550 or -like chip, and
another PPP interface using a Hayes ESP card.  The 16550 runs at 38400,
driving a 14.4k modem, and the Hayes one runs at 115200 driving a 28.8k.

The ``other'' PPP interface was only on within the last week, and has not
changed the frequency of crashes -- it seems to die as michaelv said, once
every two days or so.  The third interface runs through a telnet connection.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>       NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Rayshade the world!