Subject: Complaints about things not building...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solutions.solon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/1994 18:48:00
Okay, so maybe I was in a bad mood about something else already before I
wrote that.  Apologies to the development staff.

Your point is well taken; my bug reports aren't always useful.  I am using
what I believe to be current source; Oct 15th of all of the source in
tar-files/src.  During a build of libc, using the standard gcc-2.4.5, I
get an error about 'structure has no member dd_rewind' in one of the
filesystems, I believe.

I'll submit my  fix for the curses bug:
/usr/src/lib/libcurses/erase.c, line 70: append 'wmove(win, 0, 0);' before
the return.  This appears to fix it.

I noticed this bug when I was bringing omega over.  I have *NO* idea why
it is that most of the software netbsd ships with (i.e., hack, moria) doesn't
have any trouble with this.

The more recent one was an attempt to build uucp-1.05 (the same uucp, one
version later.)  It apparently expects a member f_fsize to be in a struct
statfs; I replaced the reference with f_bsize, and that seems to work, but
the man page and the header don't agree.

Sorry if I was a bit* touchy there, I had a long day... ;-)

-s